Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Finally...health is on the horizon

Whoa!  That was an incapacitating week...whatever crazy little virus I managed to pick up knocked me out for a bit there...the worst part--an entire weekend of potential adventuring spent in bed...think I only left my hotel once this weekend...to get kleenex at the commissary.  B-o-r-i-n-g.  Not very blog-worthy.  This however, IS...


So, I did not actually go here, because I don't think I would ever actually go here.  The entire thing seems so wrong to me on so many levels---it's an indoor beach.  Yup, indoor.  You know how much I love the beach---and this seems to take everything I love about the beach away.  It's enclosed in a dome, no salt water, the sand is "marble chips", the waves and temperature are perfectly controlled at all times.  And--it costs about $50 to go.  The absolute salt-in-the-wound part of it all--it's on an ISLAND!!  Wha?!?  My beaches in Hawaii were SO much better!  And...if the indoor beach isn't really your scene, you can go next door to the plastic rainforest with faux parrots, fish, and dinosaurs, minus rain and bugs (of course).  I'm not making this stuff up...it's true people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment