Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lost in Translation

Went into the city of Fussa yesterday.  It was my first adventure off-base, and into the community.  My friend Jc took me to a 100 Yen store (think dollar store but MUCH cooler because everything is Japanese).  We laughed and laughed and laughed until I was crying at the notebooks with English sayings that didn't really make it through translation.  Here are a few of my favorites.  Other highlights were: AMAZING Indian food (who knew?)  toilets with buttons to make fake flushing sounds while you go to the bathroom so that your business isn't overheard by others (!)--look for a picture of this to follow.




Three mischievous rats is my fave.


















Indian food in Japan.












You can eat Indian food with chopsticks in Japan

2 comments:

  1. Jess, I LOVE your shirt!!! I want one!
    And I love the indian food with chopsticks! Keep laughing my friend, it's your ticket to the other side... ;)

    ReplyDelete