Thursday, September 30, 2010
Getting married
Yeah...there's no ring. But there has been so much talk of this in my life lately--not by a perspective partner, but by random people that I am meeting through my work here. Seriously. It's one of the first 3 questions I get asked on any given day---"are you married?". And the responses to my "no", or "not yet" range from a) the 20 year old (married at 19) who stated with conviction "you've got about 5 years left to do that" b) you're way too beautiful to need to be married (a personal favorite) and c) "that's how I like em!" I think that the seemingly intense fascination with this stems from the fact that, in my limited experience, so many military couples get married SO young. Maybe I'm seen as this weird anomaly...still single and over 24. Well, he better hurry up...apparently the 5 year clock is ticking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment