Flight was loooong! And...guess who won a seat in the last row on the plane? I believe that the space in between my seat and the back of the seat in front of me got smaller with each passing hour. Seriously. It felt somewhat cramped when I first sat down, but bordered on Closter phobic by the 5th hour. The gift from God was when the two women sitting next to me decided to upgrade their seats, leaving the 2 seats between me and another gentleman unoccupied. I may have lost my mind during the 11 hour flight without that.
Remember airplane food? You actually get this on international flights. I think it would border on torture to only serve mini pretzels for 11 hours. The moral of the story is always order the vegan meal. First of all, when you order a “special meal”, your name is announced over the loudspeaker. Initially, I kind of freaked out, immediately thinking that something bad had happened. Secondly, you get served first. And, it was actually “good”. It was an eggplant, chickpea, couscous delight.
I survived my first day, mostly because I think everyone "gets it"...they took one look at my glassy eyes, and said "oh...you just flew in, huh?"
Here's to day number 2!
yippee to your new blog!!! Can't wait to read more of your adventures.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Let the journey begins! May it be filled with adventures, joy, and love...oh, and lots of people asking to take pictures with you! =)
ReplyDeletekisses